She has received an Academy Award, two Screen Actors Guild Awards, and three Golden Globe Awards, and was named Hollywood's highest-paid actress by Forbes in 2009, 2011 and 2013.
- Jolie's daughter Vivienne Jolie-Pitt was chosen to play the 5 years Aurora because she wouldn't be afraid of her own mother in costume, as the other kids in casting would run away in fear of Angelina's appearance.
- Angelina Jolie had a huge role in developing Maleficent's on-screen look for the live-action movie. Her horns were made by artisans who specialize in fetishware.
- Jolie wore several different versions of the horns throughout the movie because she could have broken her neck with the heaviest version of the horns.
- One version of the horns was magnetic and could pop off Jolie's head!
- Jolie handpicked Lana Del Rey to perform Once Upon a Dream, the classic song featured in the 1959 Disney animated film Sleeping Beauty.